Calculate the BSA to the nearest 100th.
1. An adult who is 170 cm tall and weighs 100 kg.
2. A child whose measurements are height 143 cm and weight 54.2 kg.
3. A child whose weight is 14.3 kg and length is 94.1 cm.
4. An adult who is 5 ft 9 inches and weighs 190 pounds.
5. A child whose weight is 33 lb and length 24 in.
Determine the dosage for the following drugs and indicate if the order is safe.
6. A child has an order for 2.5 mg of a drug t.i.d. The dosage range is 15-25 mg/m2 per day.
The child has a BSA of 0.41 meters squared.
6a. Dosage per day?
6b. Dosage per dose?
6c. Is the order safe?
7. A 20 mg dose of a drug with a recommended dosage of 10 mg/m2 has been ordered for a
Patient with a BSA of 2.17 m2 .
7a. Dosage per dose?
7b. Is the order safe?
8. The per dose range is 0.5 – 1.5 g per square meter. The patient has a BSA of 1.97 square
meters. A dosage of 2 g has been ordered.
8a. Dosage per dose?
8b. Is the order safe?
9. The dosage range of a drug is 100 – 150 mcg per m2 bid. The patient has a BSA of 0.77 m2 and a dosage of 150 mcg has been ordered b.i.d.
9a.Dosage per dose ?
9b. Accuracy of order :
10. A patient with BSA of 0.47 m2 has orders for 10 mg of a drug q.6h. The daily dosage range is 75-100 mg/m2 /day.
10a. Normal dosage per day.
10b. Dosage ordered per day
10c. Accuracy of order