|Distance Ed Moodle at SRJC: Help for faculty||Distance Ed Moodle Moodle Help for Faculty Moodle News for Faculty Distance Ed Help for Faculty More Info for Faculty Distance Ed Home SRJC|
Distance Ed links for faculty
Distance Ed Moodle current version:
How to Activate a Moodle Course
"How To" documents are step-by-step explanations for performing certain common tasks. For more Moodle Help and Training documents, visit the Help Main Menu.
The Task: Make your Moodle course visible and available
1. When you create a Moodle course, by default it is hidden from view (from everyone but you) and inaccessible (to everyone but you).
2. In order to make it visible and available to students (and perhaps others), you need to activate it.
3. To do so, log into the SRJC Moodle as usual and go to the homepage for the appropriate course.
4. Locate the bold "Settings" heading on your Moodle course homepage. It can usually be found on the left side of the page, but might be located elsewhere on the page if you've chosen to utilize a different layout theme.
5. Under "Course administration," click the "Edit settings" link.
6. On the "Edit course settings" page, scroll down about halfway.
7. Under the "Availability" heading, choose "This course is available to students" from the pop-up menu.
8. At the bottom of the page, click the "Save changes" button.
9. This makes the course visible, and at this point enrolled students can now access the course. Likewise, the course can now be visited by guests if you permit guest access.
|Distance Education office
Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA USA
Last Modified: Thursday, 01-Dec-2011 09:41:39 PST
|Email to Distance Education Webmaster|