|Distance Ed Moodle at SRJC: Help for faculty||Distance Ed Moodle Moodle Help for Faculty Moodle News for Faculty Distance Ed Help for Faculty More Info for Faculty Distance Ed Home SRJC|
Distance Ed links for faculty
Distance Ed Moodle current version:
How to Perform Manual Enrollment
"How To" documents are step-by-step explanations for performing certain common tasks. For more Moodle Help and Training documents, visit the Help Main Menu.
The Task: Manually enroll students (or others) in your Moodle course
1. In general, all enrollments are handled through the interface that populates the roster for your Moodle course, and you will want to remain current with that process.
2. In some cases, however, you might need to manually enroll students (or others) who aren't on the official SRJC roster for your class.
3. In order to manually enroll someone, that individual must already have a record in the user table of the SRJC Moodle database. You can't add those records. Therefore, if the individual doesn't have a record, you can't perform a manual enrollment for him or her, and you'll need to think about allowing guest access.
4. Assuming the individual is already on file in the SRJC Moodle database, you can take the following steps to manually enroll him or her.
5. Log into the SRJC Moodle as usual and go to the homepage for the appropriate course.
6. Find the "Settings" heading. That's normally in a block along the lefthand edge of the page, but its location could vary depending on what layout theme you're using.
7. Under "Settings," find "Course Administration."
8. Under "Course Administration," click "Users."
9. Under "Users," click "Enrollment Methods."
10. On the "Enrollment Methods" page, look at the line for "Manual Enrollments." Off to the right, the little "eye" icon should be open. If not, click to open it.
11. When the "eye" icon for "Manual Enrollments" is open, then you can proceed.
12. Click the "Enrolled Users" link under "Users" which is under "Course Administration" in the "Settings" block.
13. On the "Enrolled Users" page, click the "Enroll Users" button.
14. This will bring up a small window listing every individual on file in the SRJC Moodle.
15. At the top of the list, use the pop-up menu to select the role (student, teacher, etc) you want to assign to the individual, and optionally adjust configurations under "Enrollment Options."
16. Search or scan through the list of users to find the individual you want to enroll.
17. When you find the individual, click the corresponding "Enroll" button.
18. That individual will be queued for enrollment in the course using the specified role.
19. You can continue to manually enroll additional individuals as desired.
20. Click the "Finish Enrolling Users" button when you're finished. The small window will disappear, all queued individuals will be enrolled, and the "Enrolled Users" page will refresh to include the newly enrolled individuals.
|Distance Education office
Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA USA
Last Modified: Tuesday, 06-Dec-2011 11:12:00 PST
|Email to Distance Education Webmaster|