- Encourage student with disabilities to develop their competencies and be independent, responsible adults and successful self-advocates.
- Assist students in attaining their educational, vocational, and personal goals.
- Create a campus climate in which diverse learning styles are respected and equal access can be realized.
- Educate the college community by promoting the civil rights and needs of people with disabilities.
DRD's Student Learning Outcomes
The Disability Resources Department is committed to participating in a regular cycle of assessment toward the achievement of the following Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate independence and personal responsibility accessing curricular and co-curricular programs and activities.
- Students will develop self-awareness and project self-confidence.
- Students will utilize technology to enhance academic success.
- Students will maintain or improve personal health.